BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Haiti Cherie

Although I was not born and raised in Haiti I am a Haitian-American. Both my parents were born and raised in Haiti and as you guys know from the obvious disaster that has taken place due to the 7.0 earthquake they are both affected by this. As a twenty year old college student I don't know much about Haiti but I have visited only twice in my life, believe it or not. and the time I experienced there was incredible. Even though Haiti is said to be one of the poorest countries, Haiti and the people have a great unity. It might not be a free country but it sure as hell is not as divided as America. People are always together having fun and making life enjoyable. The two times I have been there have been amazingly fun. From their great food to their wonderful traditions to the uplifting celebrations I enjoyed them all. The beautiful crystal clear beaches, breath taking mountains and sightly scenery Haiti is a BEAUTIFUL country and I love it. As most of us know this is not the first time Haiti has suffered this kind tragedy, but I personally feel that this is the biggest of them all. Human begins children mothers fathers dead from a deadly earthquake. If only everyone could realize how help less the people in Haiti are at this point. With very limited food, clothes, medical care, electricity, and now shelter.

I cant do much from where I am. I can only donate as much as I can and watch as all this unfolds and calms down to a point where the UN can figure out what needs to be done. Unfortunately Haiti does not have the great equipment like big dump trucks and trackers to move the deb-re out of the streets but that's not happening at this point...All I can do is pray for you Haiti and wish for the best. God has a plan for them all it will soon come together right before our eyes...

We love you and wish you all nothing but blessed days into the future

FORE MORE DONATION INFORMATION CHECK OUT

http://www.yele.org/

OR TEXT YELE TO 501501

#PrayforHaiti #HelpHaiti

0 comments: